Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Foundation for Greenhouse

Burr Williams is helping me with the foundation for the greenhouse and yesterday he started by digging out a trench for the concrete footer.  On top of this there will be a two foot masonry block wall, with brick on the exterior that will be the base for the greenhouse.

I decided on a 16' x 12' greenhouse from BC Greenhouse Builders based in Vancouver, British Columbia. It was not the cheapest option, but in order to get a building with a width greater than 8 - 9 feet, there are fewer options.  I just received confirmation that my order has been shipped and will arrive next Wednesday, August 25.  By that time, the foundation should be built and the door into the attached building will be installed.

This is the elevation plan from the greenhouse company that illustrates what my building will look like.  The side walls will be glass, and the roof will be polycarbonate.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home