Friday, September 24, 2010

Fish Tanks in the House

As you can see, the 300 gallon tanks were too big to fit through the doorway.  I measured and found that I might have barely been able to fit them through on their side, but instead of marking up the door trim, I just decided to take two glass panels off and one of the vertical supports and I was able to get them in without any problem.  It took me about 30 minutes.
Now I am at the point where I need to dig a hole on each side so that I can partially bury the two tanks.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously thought they'd be massive, but they look pretty manageable at that size!

September 30, 2010 at 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found you from an off spawn of youtube and blog viewings... keep it up! I am also starting my own thanks to others online.

why are you burying the tanks? Is it too cold sometimes? I take it burying keeps the temps normal?

cheers from FL!

October 1, 2010 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Jon Ezrine said...

Thanks for the comments. I am burying the tanks so that I can save as much space above for growing. Only planning to partially bury.

October 3, 2010 at 12:43 AM  
Blogger Picking from "the patch" said...

It's certainly progressing... Cant wait to see the next instalment. How do you think the water temp/fish will go in the glass house?

October 7, 2010 at 5:29 AM  
Blogger Jon Ezrine said...

From talking to others with greenhouses, the water acts like a thermal mass, that stabilizes the temperature in the greenhouse. I am assuming I will need to heat the water in the winter, but that it will probably stay in the correct range during the summer.

October 9, 2010 at 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home