Friday, September 17, 2010

Tanks and Grow-beds Arrive

The tanks and beds arrived by truck today.  I was unsure how big the truck would be, and how easy it would be to unload everything.  I ended up pulling my pickup out onto the road and backing up to the back of the truck.  The driver was able to lower his lift-gate to the level of my bed and load me up.
Everything fit perfectly in the back of my truck.


Here is what the grow-beds look like.  I am real happy with how heavy and substantial they are.  I think they will hold up real well.
Here are the fish tanks, 300 gallons each.  I thought about putting Sadie into one of the tanks.  I am going to have to get creative on getting these babies into the greenhouse.  The door is not big enough.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rich said...

Time to get the old screwdriver out and remove a couple side windows and frame. OR... you could keep the fish "indoors" and run the pipes through the wall out to the grow beds? What's the temp like in that building, during the winter?

September 17, 2010 at 11:27 PM  
Blogger Jon Ezrine said...

Rich, I am going to take 2 glass panels and a vertical support out and bring the tanks in that way. It will be quick and easy. It doesn't get too cold here in the winter, 20F at night typically, and I am planning to heat the greenhouse and water.
Jon

September 18, 2010 at 10:48 AM  
Blogger Rich said...

Excellent Jon, I'm really enjoying your blow by blow coverage on this project.

September 18, 2010 at 10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home