Thursday, November 25, 2010

Layout and Siphon Testing

Working on the layout of the growbeds.  Planning to use 2x6 lumber for the growbeds to rest on, but there are 2x4's in this photo just so that we could figure out the right height and position.  I bought some pavers that Burr has carefully laid out (perfectly level) for standing areas.  We are planning to put gravel in on the other areas up to the same elevation as the top of the pavers.
I have also been working on testing out the bell siphons for the growbeds.  I filled a fish tank up with water and tested a 1 inch diameter standpipe.  I am not sure that I like how fast it drains, and I may consider using 1.5 inch diameter.  But then again I don't have any gravel in the bed right now, so the amount of water is significantly more.  The siphon worked well.

In this photo, you can see my 1 inch siphon.  I am planning on testing this a little more before increasing the size of the drain pipe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home